Explore Santa Maria island
From the land to the ocean, Santa Maria is a unique and sunny island. Get to know our staff’s suggestions.
Suggestions from our staff
- A Casa dos Fósseis: A museum for the curious
- Boat trip to Formigas Islets: Memorable
- Dive in: The Island is most known for its unique diving spots
- South Coast Trail: Walk through fossils and beach
- Fontinhas Florestal Park: for the picnic lovers
- Barreiro da Faneca: A red desert at the Azores?
- Poço da Pedreira and Pico Vermelho Viewpoint: surprising and photogenic
- Formosa Beach and São Lourenço Bay: tan, dive, repeat